Shipping & Tax Policies
Time To Receive Item = Order Processing Time + Shipping Time In Transit
Many people confuse a shipping service time in transit with the total time between placing and receiving an order. Orders are only processed during business hours and must go through order processing before they can be shipped. The total time between placing an order and receipt of the item is the total of both the order processing time and shipping time in transit. For information on our order processing steps, please read our Order Processing Policies.
Orders placed online will receive a shipment confirmation email after a package is shipped. This email will contain the tracking number for the selected shipping carrier. Packages can be tracked using the carrier's websites.
All shipping service descriptions are in business days and not calendar days. Business days are Monday through Friday and exclude holidays. Weekends & holidays are not counted in shipping times.
Next Day Shipping
Selecting Next Day shipping will not guarantee delivery on the next calendar or business day. We give priority to all next day orders. In most cases we are able to ship on the same business day, however factors like order verification delays, item availability, and shipping carrier pickup schedules can prevent the order from shipping on the same day. If you have a critical delivery date, please contact us so we can provide you with an accurate delivery schedule for your individual order.
Special Delivery Instructions
We can cannot provide shipping carriers with special shipping instructions. We can only provide the shipping carrier with a company name, contact name, and valid address. The details of the actual delivery are left up to the delivery driver. If your address cannot receive standard addressed packages, please consider to provide an alternate address that is able to receive packages with standard service.
If a package is received damaged, please retain all packaging materials and contact us within 3 business days. A claim will be filed with the shipping carrier. Once the shipping claim is completed, we will either replace the item or issue a refund.
Our primary US domestic carrier is FedEx. The following describes some important factors concerning their service. Their complete service guide that explains all of their commitments is available on their website
- All shipping times are business days to non-rural areas located within the continental United States. Shipments to rural areas, AK, HI, PR, & Canada may take longer to arrive.
- Deliveries to residential addresses may be left without signature. For orders of over $200 we may require a signature for delivery.
- Delivery guarantees are suspended during events beyond FedEx's control. This typically means weather, however it could also happen if an airport or area were closed for some other reason. If this happens, the package will be delivered ASAP, however no late package claim can be made. UPS and other major carriers also have similar policies.
- The shipping fees that we collect for International shipment are for transportation only and do not include any customs taxes/duties/fees. If there are any customs taxes/duties/fees due, a FedEx representative will contact the recipient to make arrangements to pay the amount due. The package will not be released until payment arrangements have been made. Package may be delayed while the FedEx representative is attempting to contact the recipient.
- FedEx cannot deliver to PO box addresses including APO & FPO addresses.
- FedEx does not serve all areas within Canada. They are able to contract delivery through a sub-contractor, however this out of area delivery has a separate service cost. If a shipment is outside of FedEx's service area, we will contact you to either confirm the extra delivery charge or arrange a different shipping method.
We are currently using only Priority Mail Service. This service provides the best time/cost value and will also provide delivery confirmation. The following describes some important highlights concerning this service. Complete details concerning the service is available on the USPS website.
- Priority Mail service has an estimated delivery time of 2-3 business days to addresses within the continental US. Note that this is only an estimate and it is not a guarantee. Shipments to Canada are estimated at 6-10 business days.
- USPS tracking is limited as compared to FedEx & other commercial carriers. While they do post in-transit information this delivery confirmation service promises only information after a package is delivered. Packages are not scanned upon pickup. It is common to have the USPS website not show any information until after a package is delivered.
- The shipping fees charged for international shipments cover the transportation only. Customs taxes/duties/fees are not included in the shipping costs. The local postal organization will contact the recipient to make arrangements to pay and amounts that are due before they will release the package.
US Sales Tax
We are currently only required to collect sales tax for orders that are shipped to addresses within New Jersey. Orders shipped outside New Jersey will not be charged sales tax.
International Taxes / Duties / Fees
We are legally required to accurately declare the nature and value of all shipments. Sales will be declared as merchandise with a declared value equal to the purchase price. We are unable to mark shipments as gifts, no value, or otherwise misrepresent the nature and value of the shipment. The amounts that we collect for shipping are for the transportation only and do not include any taxes/duties/fees. The customs organization within the destination country will determine if any taxes/duties/fees are due and will make arrangements with the recipient to pay any amount due before the package will be released. Please check with the destination customs organization to determine what amounts would be charged for your item.